Are You So Tired You Can’t Sleep?
In February, the Healthy Nurse, Healthy New Jersey team has been focusing on the theme of “Healthy Sleep.” Have you been feeling your best after your rest? We hope so! Just in case you’re having difficulty sleeping, here is a recipe from “The Sleep Doctor,” Michael Breus PhD, that is touted to help your slumber.
THE SLEEP DOCTOR’S BANANA TEA RECIPE
- Take a regular-sized banana
- Wash off the whole banana & cut off the tips
- Cut the banana in half & leave the peel on it
- Put halves in 4 cups of boiling water & boil for about 3-4 minutes
- Pull it off the stove, steep, then drink the water!
- Add honey and cinnamon to taste!
It is believed this tea works to induce a relaxed state of mind conducive to sleep because bananas and their peels contain a large amount of potassium and magnesium, and both magnesium and potassium support a healthy nervous system. This is why this recipe calls for the whole banana including the peel. Try it for yourself!
You can find more information about Healthy Sleep on Dr. Breus’ website here.
We wish you a sweet slumber!
Josie Aparri and the Healthy Nurse, Healthy New Jersey Team
You can find Healthy Nurses on Facebook and Pinterest–New Jersey State Nurses Healthy Nurse. You will find a plethora of information there to help you on your Healthy Nurse journey!